This is a classic family traditional recipe which I have made allergy friendly. The recipe for the cauliflower rice and Beef Stroganoff are in my Allergy Friendly Home Cooking eBook.
You will need…
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 500g Rump steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten Free flour
- 300g Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Sweet paprika
- 400ml Coconut cream
- ½ cup beef stock
- 2 Tablespoons parsley, chopped
What to do…
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large pan. Cook beef slices in batches over medium/high heat until just cooked. (It usually takes 3 batches, depends on the size of your pan). Remove to a plate, cover with foil and set aside. Repeat until all meat cooked.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the last 2 teaspoons of oil and cook onion and garlic, until onion is transparent. Add tomato paste and paprika. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in flour and cook for a further 2 minutes. Slowly pour in beef stock, stirring continually. Add mushrooms and stir in the coconut cream. Return beef strips to pan. Cover. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Serve with steamed vegetables and cauliflower rice.