The symptoms of IgG mediated food intolerance (food allergy Type 3) are delayed, appearing hours or even up to three days after the consumption of a trigger food. This makes it difficult to detect foods that are contributing to your symptoms.
The results from the Imupro Complete can be used to selectively tweak your diet with a variety of alternatives for your daily diet with minimal restriction.
Only the ImuPro Complete 270 test will also detect the presence of IgG antibodies in your blood toward Candida albicans – a commensal yeast that can become overgrown and increase the likelihood of developing food intolerances.
Allergy or Intolerance?
The terms “food allergy” and “food intolerance” are sometimes used interchangeably, but are in fact quite different.
Food Allergy – A true allergy is an acute immune response (IgE antibody) to a food or other substance. The reaction is usually immediate with symptoms including difficulty breathing, swelling of the tongue or lips, skin rashes, hives, swollen throat, water and itchy eyes, or in severe cases anaphylaxis. Common food allergies are eggs, nuts, milk and shellfish.
Please Note: the ImuPro IS NOT AN ALLERGY TEST. If you experience symptoms of an allergy please refer to a qualified allergist
Food Intolerance – A food intolerance involves an immune response (IgG antibody) and are a lot more common than traditional allergies. Typical symptoms include digestive problems (IBS, bloating, stomach pains, diarrhoea, constipation, weight gain), tiredness, fatigue, headaches, skin conditions, sore joints and depression.
The offending food causes a defence reaction by the immune system and if the food continues to be eaten the symptoms can be very unpleasant and, if left untreated, can lead to serious issues down the track.
You may have food intolerances if you suffer from the following symptoms…
- weight problems
- flatulence, bloating, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome,
- feel lethargic after meals
- migraine, chronic fatigue
- inflammatory skin conditions or itching
- You suspect you might have a gluten (wheat) intolerance
Which foods are analysed?
The ImuPro Complete test involves analysing 270 common foods and additives. Click Here for a a full list, or refer to bottom of page.
What does the ImuPro test involve?
It is quite easy to take the ImuPro test. The test involves a blood sample which will be sent to a specialised lab where it will be analysed. In just a few simple steps, you will have your ImuPro results emailed directly to you.
Your ImuPro Complete test includes…
- Analysis of 270 foods and additives (including the 90 foodstuffs of ImuPro Basic). It analyses the typical kinds of meat, vegetables, fruits, grains, milk and egg with a huge number of spices, tea, coffee, wine, as well as thickening agents and preservatives.
- You will receive a comprehensive report with accurate results at a glance and personal nutritional guidelines which lead you through your change in diet.
- Your results pack also includes a recipe booklet which is specifically tailored to your non-IgG reactive foods.
Please refer below to foods tested.